Don’t put your sale on hold over the holidays
At this time of the year house sellers often face a dilemma. Should they wait until after the holiday season before they put their home on the market? Or, if they are going on holiday themselves, should they put everything on hold and potentially risk losing a buyer while they are away?
Andrew Barry, Managing Director of Peter Alan has no doubts. “The local property market is extremely active at the moment, with most homes selling quickly and achieving excellent prices. However, there is still a significant imbalance between the number of people looking to buy and properties for sale, so we don’t expect to see a slowdown in activity over the summer. Provided your estate agent is fully aware of your holiday plans, knows how to contact you and can gain access to your property, then I would certainly advise sellers to keep their property on the market.”
The local branch is advising home sellers to follow just a few simple guidelines if they have plans to go away this summer:
- Notify your estate agent of your holiday dates well in advance
- Give your agent a set of house keys and talk through security, access and viewing arrangements whilst you are away
- Ask your travel agent for a contact number at your holiday destination or check that your mobile will work abroad and you will have reception
- Pass on these numbers to your estate agent, along with the times you will be available to take a call.
- Even if you can’t be contacted you can still leave specific instructions in writing with your estate agent and legal representatives about what offer may be acceptable.
“Whether you are going away or not, there’s no reason to delay your sale until after the summer – your ideal buyer might be out there at this very moment,” concludes Andrew.
To find out how Peter Alan can help you sell this summer, contact your local branch today.