How we use your information
Please read this and keep it safe. It shows how seriously we take our responsibilities when it comes to collecting and processing your data, how we use your data and your statutory rights in relation to your data.
We will use the information you give us in any of the following 4 ways:
1. Performance of a contract - this is where we need to collect and process your data so we can carry out something you have asked or contracted us to do, for example
• Registering you on our systems
• Providing a full estate agency and lettings service to buyers, sellers, landlords and tenants
• Providing conveyancing services
• Providing mortgage services
• Creating and managing your on line account
• Processing payments for our services
2. Legal obligation – sometimes we need data from you to meet our legal responsibilities, for example
• Protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorised transactions, tax evasion or claims
• Meeting money laundering regulations
• Confirming your identity
3. Consent – in this case, we will process your data because you have given us your clear and unambiguous consent to do so, for example
• Letting you know about other products, services, offers, programs and promotions available through Connells Group or their partners
4. Legitimate interests – some information is processed by the companies within Connells Group as part of its legitimate interests, which include (but is not limited to) network and information security, opting out of communications, direct marketing, web analytics, updating customer details, lettings, sales and other core services. This is required to
• Manage risk exposure and agent or franchise quality, integrity, compliance and security of business processes
• Operate, monitor, evaluate and improve our products, services and websites
Depending on which products and services you choose from us, you may become aware of certain third parties, which could include;
If you’re buying or selling; contractors installing for sale boards, the buyer/seller of your property and their conveyancer, providers of EPCs, companies carrying out professional photography and floorplans, mortgage companies involved in the transaction, comparison services for utilities, phone or broadband, other estate agencies involved in your sale or purchase.
If you are a landlord; your tenant(s), contractors installing to let boards, managing agents for the building, maintenance contractors, deposit protection scheme providers, local council for payment/collection of council tax, utility companies for payment of utility bills, insurance providers in the case of a claim.
If you are a tenant/guarantor; the landlord, the managing agents for the building, maintenance contractors, contractors installing to let boards, companies providing referencing and tenant checking services, deposit protection scheme providers, local council for payment/collection of council tax, utility companies for payment of utility bills, insurance providers in the case of a claim.
If you are buying or selling at auction; the buyer/seller and their conveyancer, mortgage/finance companies involved in the transaction, the freeholder and managing agents (if it is a leasehold property).
We will specify the names of the individual third parties at the relevant time.
We will talk to you about other products and services we can provide when the time is right.
We will also share your data with The Property Ombudsman Service, the Association of Residential Letting Agents and other consumer regulatory bodies as part of our regulatory duties.
How long do we keep your information?
We keep your data for as long as is reasonable for the purposes set out in our privacy notice, and to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations. For further information on this, you can email our Group Data Protection Officer at DPO@connellsgroup.co.uk
Your statutory rights
You have a number of rights concerning the personal information we use, subject to certain grounds. These include the right to:
• ask us for access to a copy of the personal information we hold about you
• ask us to correct your personal information
• ask us to delete your personal information
Further details are available at https://www.peteralan.co.uk/pages/privacy
For information concerning the collection, use and processing of personal information by any of our business partners or suppliers, please contact your main/nominated contact at our branch/office.
Who is the Data Controller?
Peter Alan Limited will act as a data controller in respect of the details you provide. Our full address is TÅ· Croes Cwrlwys, Copthorne Way, Valegate Retail Park, Culverhouse Cross, Cardiff CF5 6EH. ICO Registration Number Z8441006.
Peter Alan Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 2073153, Registered Office is Cumbria House, 16-20 Hockliffe Street, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, LU7 1GN. VAT Registration Number is 500 2481 05.
For the activities of advising on regulated mortgages and non-investment insurance contracts, Peter Alan Limited is an appointed representative of Connells Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Connells Limited’s Financial Services Register number is 302221.