Celebrate Bonfire Night with our Chocolate ApplesFireworks displays may be cancelled due to the current lockdown, but this doesn’t mean that you can’t celebrate bonfire night at home safely.
It’s a great opportunity for you to get creative in the kitchen and we think our chocolate dipped apples are a perfect bonfire night treat and a delicious alternative to a traditional toffee apple.
- Wash and dry your apples and insert a lolly stick into each one.
- Break up your chocolate and place it in a bowl. Melt the chocolate in the microwave in short bursts, stirring regularly to ensure it melts evenly, while being careful not to burn it. You can also do this by placing the bowl of cholate over a saucepan of hot water and stirring until melted.
- Hold your apple by the stick and dip it into the melted chocolate, turning it around to make sure it is completely covered.
- Roll the chocolate covered apple into rainbow sprinkles, sweets, mini marshmallows, chopped nuts or any other toppings that you fancy! You could also decorate with a drizzle of melted white chocolate.
- Place the apples onto a plate lined with baking paper and put in the fridge to chill until the chocolate is set.